What are you all up to this weekend? I’ll be at my beautiful friend Hannah’s wedding – they are easily as cool as the Jaggers (check out their amazing furniture company). Whatever you do, enjoy it and if you’re at … Continue reading
It’s a very special little person’s birthday this weekend – she is three – and me and Al have got her this adorable book.
It is beautifully illustrated. We picked it up in this gorgeous little independent bookstore that is worth a gander if you’re in St Ives (you lucky devil).
When I was little, I loved nothing more than getting books as gifts. A family friend gave me Roald Dahl’s Matilda when I was about six or seven and I read it cover to cover several times. It really opened up independent reading to me in a big way. Back in Wigan there was a mobile library which I could have lived in, with all its Babysitter Club books and Sweet Valley Highs and Famous Fives.
What books did you love as a child? If you’re looking for a great children’s bookstore in London, I can highly recommend the lovely specialist children’s bookstore Tales On Moon Lane in Herne Hill, southeast London. AND OMG JUDITH KERR – AKA THE AUTHOR OF “THE TIGER WHO CAME TO TEA” – IS GOING TO BE THERE ON JULY 4TH!!
Maybe I’ll see you there. I’ll be the ginger 27-year old pushing little ones out of the way.
The Mousehole Mice by Michelle Cartlidge is also on Amazon (and probably the websites of some companies that pay a fair amount of tax too)
The shops are full of gorgeous ice cream colours at the mo – lots of cute pastels and sweet accessories. It’s almost like it’s spring (seriously world, anytime now).
I love the sorbet colours and the buttons at the back are a super cute touch.
I can’t wait for warm weather so I can wear this with my light pink juju jelly shoes
PS – Remember the brilliant Boddington’s ad of yesteryear? When I have one too many vinos I sound a bit like this. What a shame it’s no longer the cream of Manchester – I used to love the city smelling of hops (just me?!)
Queen of the night bus xx
What are you up to this weekend? I will be hopefully seeing an out-of-town friend for coffee on Saturday but tonight me and my boyfriend are babysitting, which is a brilliant excuse (if one was ever needed) to order pizza, have a bottle of red and watch a movie with some homemade popcorn. Sometimes staying in is as good as going out. Here are some bits that caught my eye this week, and things that are going on this weekend for those venturing outside.
* Thrifty guys and gals should hit the East End Thrift Store this weekend. They are having one of their mega fill-a-bag sales and this one is for charidee too, so it’s a win-win.
* Look who recently had a birthday
* Martha Stewart has only gone and made a cocktail making app for your iPad – hero!
* My friend on my course gave Nick Clegg a good telling off this week!
* This Malibu house is divine and a masterclass in light (one of my musts when flat hunting – no point renting a massive but dark flat)
* All the Lulu Guinness for Uniqlo tees are great – this is my fav
Take it easy xxx
I’m in the market for a new weekender bag at the mo as my BELOVED Marc By Marc Jacobs (which I bought in New York in 2007 when it was $2 to the £1 – imagine!) is on its way out – the straps are worn beyond repair and the purple patent is flaking *sniff*
This saddens me as we’ve had some good times, me and that bag. And I had to bin my old friends, the New Look gold wedges circa 2003, this year already.
I’m focusing this woe in a productive way by shopping for a spangly new weekender bag that will hopefully clock up even more air miles that its predecessor in the coming years. Here’s my lust list…
All gorgeous, but I have a soft spot for this beauty. The colour reminds me of lemon bon bons. Now if only I could get the exchange rate of 2007…
What are you up to? I’ll be working on the last parts of my dissertation (urgh). However I’m interrupting the academia with dinner and cocktails with the girls tonight. I may also be off to a secret candlelit party on Saturday, which I will tell you all about on Monday.
Hope you have lovely weekends. The weather isn’t looking great so we’ll just have to find sunshine within! Here are some things that have caught my eye this week.
* We saved a Staffy dog (a cute baby one too) from near death (ish) on Monday! Staffies are the best. I am desperate to have a tan staffy and a black pug called Stringer Bell and Avon Barksdale. They would be bessies.
* Not being greedy or anything but I need this house. LOOK AT THE POOL.
* I want to host a party with gin and tonics in milk bottles and these straws
* That’s Sunday brunch sorted then
* How beautiful is this dress? Also, when did Oasis get so expensive?
* Vintage lovers should check out brilliant fair Frock Me! (titter) in London this weekend. The sales are legendary.
Queen of the Night Bus xxx
I’m ill and feeling really sorry for myself. Yesterday I skyped my mum (who is a nurse and thus should be trusted on all issues) and she is very much of the belief that you shouldn’t force yourself around town, … Continue reading
On Saturday I had a lovely day all to myself. I love days like that. Not that I would ever whine about having a fabulously full diary (especially when it’s packed with friends and wine, rather than work) but sometimes spending … Continue reading