What are you all up to this weekend? I’ll be at my beautiful friend Hannah’s wedding – they are easily as cool as the Jaggers (check out their amazing furniture company). Whatever you do, enjoy it and if you’re at … Continue reading
Just a few days until I head to NYC to see my parents, eat too much food and wander around one of my favourite cities – I can’t wait. This weekend for me will be relaxed with some packing but also lots of yummy food with a sushi party at a friend’s house plus a trip to the awesome Street Feast up in my old neighbourhood Dalston. Whatever you do, stay gold.
* LOVE this article on the difference between the US and the UK (and I agree – you order wine by the BOTTLE, America)
* Wardrobe organisation by fashion editors. Genius
* Borderline obsessed with the kitchen in Nicole’s house (from Making It Lovely)
* You know how I really want a drinks trolley? Well this amazing do-up makes me want it more.
* Have you signed up for iTunes festival tickets ballot? Fingers crossed for Chic, Lady Gaga and Elton.
* The most gorgeous brogues
* If you’re after a great read, I really can’t recommend Where’d You Go Bernadette? enough.
Image from my Instagram feed @rachaelgormley
Hooray for a three day weekender. Hope you all have fabulous fun and rest up too. Autumn is just around the corner so soak up the sun!
Here are some bits that caught my eye this week. Ps how great is this Beatles photo?
A fascinating look at the age of denial
Avoid Oxford Street this weekend and hit the Asos sale, it’s really bloody good. And this skirt is perfect for my NYC trip
Talking of NYC, me and Al are touring the Brooklyn Brewery. Yay for beer!
This quiz makes me wonder if I would pass my GCSEs nowadays (for the record I was a massive nerd when I was sixteen and had the added pressure of joining the elite alumni – ie Richard Ashcroft – of this college)
The other famous son of Wigan, ukelele-strumming legend George Formby, is being celebrated in a show at the Hackney Empire August 31
And this weekend if you like cute pooches and charity (and if you don’t, take a long hard look at yourself and your life choices) head to the Paw Pageant at Spitafields. Awwwww factor plus pennies for Battersea.
It’s been a bit quiet on here for a while due to a manic few weeks of work. And the next few weeks look to be much of the same with an exam and two assignments due in as my midwifery training reaches the end, at last!!
But there are so many great things to look forward to as well. Hope you all have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend and get to relaaaaxxxxxx….
In the meantime, here are some bits that have caught my beady eye of late.
* Two of my super cool friends are having babies this year, and I’m already thinking of ideas for cute unique gifts like this – am I being too adventurous?
* My friend Hannah’s awesome DIY wedding invites – mine is proudly displayed on the fridge! Proof that style and good design need not cost the earth
* This Sunday me and my adorable friend Steven are hitting Vicky Park for As One In The Park, a fun and poppy LGBT festival which includes my true love and guilty pleasure – RYLAN! (did someone say Prosecco?)
* And tonight it’s the final of our little DIY Come Dine With Me. It’s sure to be full of yummy Colombian food, like this. Noms.
* Talking of food, I made a deeelish Vietnamese salad this week and became addicted to this blog in the process
* And finally, in a week that has involved some truly horrible events, remember there is a lot of good out there – and here’s the proof
Queen of the Night Bus xxx
Apparently the sunshine isn’t hanging around for the weekend, sad times. I’m planning on taking it easy. I think Sunday might be a pub lunch with a few glasses of red. What about yourself? Here’s some things that caught my eye this week…
Wise words for a fortune cookie
* How cute is this DIY Party Lantern Garland via Oh Happy Day. Those guys are the best
* After spending last weekend in my fair hometown of Wigan, this rings true
* And on the topic of bars, let’s all go to Aldi!
* I like my men like I like my coffee – in a cup. This coffee festival will wake the sluggish up on Sunday
Queen of the night bus x
What are you up to this weekend? I will be hopefully seeing an out-of-town friend for coffee on Saturday but tonight me and my boyfriend are babysitting, which is a brilliant excuse (if one was ever needed) to order pizza, have a bottle of red and watch a movie with some homemade popcorn. Sometimes staying in is as good as going out. Here are some bits that caught my eye this week, and things that are going on this weekend for those venturing outside.
* Thrifty guys and gals should hit the East End Thrift Store this weekend. They are having one of their mega fill-a-bag sales and this one is for charidee too, so it’s a win-win.
* Look who recently had a birthday
* Martha Stewart has only gone and made a cocktail making app for your iPad – hero!
* My friend on my course gave Nick Clegg a good telling off this week!
* This Malibu house is divine and a masterclass in light (one of my musts when flat hunting – no point renting a massive but dark flat)
* All the Lulu Guinness for Uniqlo tees are great – this is my fav
Take it easy xxx
What are you up to? I’ll be working on the last parts of my dissertation (urgh). However I’m interrupting the academia with dinner and cocktails with the girls tonight. I may also be off to a secret candlelit party on Saturday, which I will tell you all about on Monday.
Hope you have lovely weekends. The weather isn’t looking great so we’ll just have to find sunshine within! Here are some things that have caught my eye this week.
* We saved a Staffy dog (a cute baby one too) from near death (ish) on Monday! Staffies are the best. I am desperate to have a tan staffy and a black pug called Stringer Bell and Avon Barksdale. They would be bessies.
* Not being greedy or anything but I need this house. LOOK AT THE POOL.
* I want to host a party with gin and tonics in milk bottles and these straws
* That’s Sunday brunch sorted then
* How beautiful is this dress? Also, when did Oasis get so expensive?
* Vintage lovers should check out brilliant fair Frock Me! (titter) in London this weekend. The sales are legendary.
Queen of the Night Bus xxx